American Roulette Online 2023
American Roulette, as the name implies, is the most popular type of roulette you can play in the US. But how does it differ from other popular variants? Learn all about its differences, odds, and payouts, and discover the best online casinos to play American Roulette by reading our guide.
American Roulette Real Money Casinos
Jackpot City Casino ReviewRead review
Up to $1,600
- Microgaming Casino
- Slot Tournaments
- $10 is the minimum deposit amount, while the maximum withdrawal is six times the deposit amount.
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must make a minimum deposit of $10.
- Six times the amount of your deposit is the most money you may withdraw from this incentive. If you win more, the excess money will be thrown out.
- wagering specifications Bonus of 70x (restrictions apply)
- In order to clear the bonus and be able to withdraw your winnings, you must wager 70 times the value of the bonus. For instance, if you deposit $100 and receive a $100 bonus, you must gamble a total of $7,000 ($100 * 70) before you can request a withdrawal.
- Certain game types contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Slot machines, Keno, scratch cards, roulette, table games, baccarat, craps, and dice all have a 100% payout rate.
- Some game providers’ games contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Other: 100%, 50% NetEnt.
- $8 or 29% of the initial bonus value is the maximum bet (lower value applies)
LeoVegas Casino ReviewRead review
100% up to $1,000 + 200 Free spins
- Mobile Casino
- Instant Play
- VIP Program
- $10 minimum deposit; unlimited maximum withdrawal
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must make a minimum deposit of $10.
- There is no maximum cash out for this offer. However, there can be further restrictions in effect, such as a universal win cap or withdrawal cap that applies to every player in this casino.
- Wagering specifications $25 deposit (restrictions apply)
- To clear the bonus and be able to withdraw your earnings, you must bet 25 times the amount of your deposit.
For instance, if you deposit $100 and receive a $100 bonus, you must bet a total of $2,500 ($100 * 25) before you can request a withdrawal.
- Certain game types contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Slot machines: 100%; roulette; blackjack; video poker; baccarat; craps; and 10% each for roulette and blackjack.
- $5 or 29% of the current bonus value is the maximum bet (lower value applies)
Ruby Fortune Casino ReviewRead review
100% Up to $750
- Instant Play
- Mobile Mode
- wagering specifications: 70x (restrictions apply)
- Your account will receive bonus cash in addition to the sum you win from your free spins. To turn that amount into actual money, you must wager it 70 times.
- To convert a free spins win of $5, you would need to wager $350 ($5 * 70).
- Slots are the only casino game categories that this bonus can be utilized on.
- Free spins are worth $5 (50 spins at $0.1 each).
- 50 free spins with a value of 0.1 each make up this bonus. Consequently, the total value of this free spins offer is $5.
- $20 maximum cashout; $8 maximum bet
- You are only permitted to take a maximum of $20 from your earnings from free spins. Any gains in excess of this amount will be lost.
- When using bonus money, you may only place bets of up to $8. The casino has the right to seize your winnings if you violate this regulation.
The Difference Between American Roulette And European Roulette
The fact that it’s one of the most popular games available at casinos throughout the world has led to many countries developing their versions of roulette. American Roulette is no exception – this classic game was created by French settlers in Louisiana.
American Roulette and European Roulette only differ according to the number of zeros on the wheel. The American Roulette and European Roulette both gave the single green zero while the American version also has a green double zero. Because of that there is one more pocket (38) in the American version while the Euro version has 37.
The number of pockets directly affects the odds of the ball landing in a particular place. Since it affects the odds, it also influences the corresponding payouts and the house edge. For instance – a straight bet has a payout of 35:1, even though the true odds are 37:1. This results in a higher house edge of 5.26% while the European version has one of 2.64%.
How To Play American Roulette
Although American Roulette slightly differs from European Roulette, learning how to play the game is still incredibly easy. To win, you’ll have to bet on where you think the ball will land after it’s spun on the wheel.
Players can make their wagers during the betting period before the round starts. The American Roulette table contains various sections that allow you to bet on different outcomes, such as the color (black or red), high or low (1-18 or 19-36), or if the number will be odd or even.
The risk you’re willing to take depends on the bets you make. Some bets, such as straight bets (betting on a single number), split bet (two numbers), or street bets (three numbers), have lower odds of winning but higher payouts, at 35:1, 17:1, and 11:1, respectively. Bets with two outcomes, like black/red or odd/even, have a payout of 1:1.
It’s important to be responsible when playing American Roulette and avoiding betting more than you can afford to lose. The wheel spins after players place their wagers. When the round ends, the payouts are calculated and paid to the players and another round begins.
An American Roulette table is divided into multiple sections that correspond to the bets players can make. The most popular sections to bet on are the even money bets, such as black/red, odd/even, and high/low. You can also place bets on specific numbers (straight bet) or combinations of two or more numbers (split, street, and corner bets). There are also column and dozen bets where you bet on 12 of the 36 numbers with a payout of 2:1.
An American Roulette wheel has 38 pockets with numbers from zero to 36 plus two zero pockets – 0 and 00. The pockets are divided into the following colors: 18 black, 18 red, and two green (0 and 00. A round starts with a white ball being placed on the spinning wheel until it lands on one of the 38 pockets.
American Roulette Odds And Payouts
The odds and payouts of American Roulette differ from other types of roulette, such as European Roulette, because of the additional zero on the wheel. Therefore, the advantage the house has over players, commonly known as the house edge, is also different, at 5.26%.
This difference in the house edge also affects the five-number bet, a popular wager players can make in American Roulette. This bet includes the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3, and has a house edge of 7.89%. You can check the table below for more information about the odds and payouts of the most common bets in American Roulette:
|Straight Up||1||1 in 38||35 to 1|
|Split||2||1 in 19||17 to 1|
|Street||3||1 in 12.67||11 to 1|
|Corner||4||1 in 9.5||8 to 1|
|Top Line||5, 6, 7, 8, 9||1 in 6.33||6 to 1|
|Line||6||1 in 6.33||5 to 1|
|Dozen||12||1 in 3.17||2 to 1|
|Column||12||1 in 3.17||2 to 1|
|Red/Black||18||1 in 2.11||1 to 1|
|Even/Odd||18||1 in 2.11||1 to 1|
|Low/High||18||1 in 2.11||1 to 1|
|Five Numbers||0, 00, 1, 2, 3||1 in 7.89||6 to 1|
American Roulette Strategy And Guides
Learn to play for free
Most online casinos offer a demo mode where you can play American Roulette for free. Using free play to practice can help you improve your knowledge about the game and allow you to try out various betting strategies.
Change up your strategies
Even though they’re not foolproof, roulette strategies can be incredibly helpful. Every roulette strategy has its advantages and drawbacks, making it important to know about the different strategies you can use in every situation before playing American Roulette for real money. You should know that there are no roulette strategies that can help you beat the house but there are betting strategies that can help in managing your bankroll.
Understand the house edge
The house edge refers to the advantage the house has over the player. In roulette, the house edge comes from the difference between the payouts and the true odds. Knowing all about the roulette odds and payouts can help you understand what bets to place. Again, the house edge in American Roulette is 5.26%.
Set a budget
Having fun while betting online requires being responsible. Luckily, there are a few habits that can help you gamble responsibly, such as setting a budget before getting started, not chasing losses, and avoiding betting more than you can afford to lose.
Play American Roulette On Mobile
Online casinos know that the ability of being able to play on the go is one thing players look for the most when choosing a gambling site. Therefore, most online casinos that offer American Roulette are mobile compatible.
American Roulette games can be played through dedicated casino apps or directly on the mobile site through a mobile browser.
No matter which option you choose, you’ll be able to enjoy a fantastic mobile gaming experience.